Saturday, September 14, 2013

Family Members

Young Learners: MEMBERS OF THE FAMILY

We practiced the structure below for some time (about three classes) and after that, I used the slides and elicited the missing words. Students learned the possible ways to talk about their family:

This is my mom. Her name is Anna.
Anna is my mom.
My mom's name is Anna.
This is Anna. She's my mom. 

To wrap it up, students drew the members of their family. Point out that they are supposed to draw only the people that live with them. After drawing them, students wrote about them. (You can take a photo of their drawings and project them using the data show equipment. Students then introduce their families to peers.)

Images - Downloadable

Teens: SUPERLATIVES

The same drawings have been used in order to practice the Superlatives. After practicing  the forms of the superlatives with different adjectives, students were to write about their family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment